A virtual SIM phone number app (often called a second phone number app) allows users to have multiple numbers for different purposes, such as personal, work, social media, etc.
One of the main benefits is that there is no need to carry an extra SIM card or hold a different phone when using a virtual SIM phone number app, as all the numbers are stored within the app itself.
A VoIP service (Voice over Internet Protocol) is usually used in such apps, and calls are routed through the device’s data connection.
Why use a second phone number app?
Here are some of the main reasons to do so;
- Protect yourself from spam and junk calls and texts
- Separate personal profile from work, business, dating, entertainment, social media, etc
- Privacy with no connection to personal number
|Hushed||BEST for Individuals who want secondary (or more) mobile numbers|
|Sonetel||BEST for Businesses/Entrepreneurs|
|Numero eSIM||BEST for Data-Only Plan (anywhere overseas)|
- Why use a second phone number app?
- What are the Best Virtual SIM Phone Number Apps?
- 1. Hushed
- 2. Numero eSIM
- 3. Sonetel
- 4. Talkroute
- 5. Cloud SIM
- 6. Sideline
- 7. Burner
- 8. Vyke
- 9. Line2
- 10. Telos
- 11. Dialed
- 12. 2ndLine
- 13. Smartline Second Phone Number
- 14. TalkU
- 15. CoverMe
- 16. 2nd Phone Number
- 17. SmartCall
- 18. Freeje Optimum Virtual number
- 19. WeTalk International Calls app
- 20. Onoff
- 21. Fongo World Edition
What are the Best Virtual SIM Phone Number Apps?
Here are the 21 Best Second Phone Number Apps you can consider using;
Hushed allows users to choose mobile numbers from the U.S., Canadian and U.K. regions. In addition, users can add as many multiple lines as they wish for different purposes such as personal, business, leisure, etc.
- Calling – Make and receive anonymous calls with Hushed numbers
- SMS – Send and receive private and secure SMS text, images and audio messages
- Voicemail – Custom Greeting for each Hushed number
- Call Forwarding and Call Routing
- Auto-Reply Messages
2. Numero eSIM
Numero eSIM is a virtual SIM app that gives users free incoming calls anywhere as long as they use their app. It also comes with call forwarding and voicemail services, which are helpful for businesses.
- Choose a second number from over 80 countries
- eSIM data-only plan available
- Make local and international calls with affordable locate rates
If you want local phone numbers, Sonetel is the one to consider. Users can choose numbers from over 70+ countries and their different states.
Sonetel users can receive SMS in their email inbox and have the option to do call recording for both inbound and outbound calls.
- Making calls to any landline and mobile worldwide
- Affordable international calls, like local calls
- Voice response menu
Talkroute allows you to do business calling with your desktop and smartphones. The second phone number app is a virtual phone system that gives you the ability to make & receive calls.
- Unlimited 3 or 4-digit direct dial extensions
- Check voicemail messages & manage voicemail boxes
- Set up push notifications for voicemail & text messages
5. Cloud SIM
Cloud SIM app lets you have up to four (4) additional mobile phone numbers on its app. In addition, users can choose virtual numbers from the U.K., the US, Canada, France and Poland.
- Receive texts and calls to your new number
- Low-cost calling rates for calls or text SMS
- Choose the connection type (local access, mobile data or WIFI)
- Dedicated voicemail for each separate mobile number
Sideline acts as a secondary phone number for personal and business usage. Users get unlimited calls, texts and auto-reply using their app.
- Separate Voicemail
- Web texting
- Texting Marketing Tools with advanced number ID
Burner app lets you create up to 3 phone numbers for various profiles, such as work, family and friends.
The app mainly focuses on mobile numbers from the U.S. and Canada. Burner numbers cannot be traced back to your personal number.
- Spam call blocking and Do-not-disturb settings
- Muting and blocking features
- Delete burner number anytime
Vyke allows you to have up to 4 extra mobile phone numbers on your existing smartphone while allowing its users to chat and text for free.
- Choose international numbers from U.K., USA, Canada, Holland and Poland
- Personalized voicemail on each profile
- Customized each Vyke profile
- Caller ID feature
Line2 is a secondary phone number app that uses your internet connection for inbound and outbound VoIP calls and text messages.
It supports calling and texting anyone in the U.S. and Canada via WiFi or your cellular network.
- V.M. transcriptions – your voicemails being transcribed into written format and sent via email to you
- Voicemail recording
- Call blocking (e.g. telemarketers, auto-dialers)
Telos allows you to easily set up multiple phone lines without swapping your SIM card.
You can set up voicemail, auto-reply messages and block unwanted calls and messages.
- Choose new numbers from the US, Canada, UK, China and Belgium.
- Make affordable international calls to any mobile/landline worldwide
- Call recording and option to email your recordings
Dialed is a second phone number all-in-one app that gives you a business phone number with contact management and marketing capabilities.
The virtual SIM app allows users to grow their businesses, build better customer relationships and increase their productivity with built-in organizational and marketing tools to manage their business contacts & communications.
- Business voicemail & transcription
- Customizable labels and VIP status for contacts
- Muting & blocking for individual contacts
- Office hours and off-hours settings
If you only need numbers from the U.S. and Canada, then 2ndLine is for you.
2ndLine is a second phone number app that works on your smartphone and tablets as a full-featured business phone system, specifically designed for the privacy-conscious and professionals in mind.
- Texting and calling are free to numbers in the U.S. and Canada.
- International long-distance credits to place calls to other countries and territories
- Voicemail and call-forwarding features
13. Smartline Second Phone Number
Smartline lets you choose a local U.S. phone number for calling, texting, number porting or even transferring from an existing 2nd phone number to use with their new numbers.
Smartline uses your cellular connection, unlike VoIP, which gives it more clarity and reliability.
- Customize your voicemail greeting
- Set business hours for when your phone rings
- 1-800 toll-free number is available
- Spam Call Filtering
TalkU gives users a second phone number to call and text without revealing their personal number. The temporary virtual SIM phone number app is perfect for work, dating and social media signups.
For international calls, the app offers cheap low rates.
- Make calls and texts to U.S. & Canada
- Unlimited calling & texting between TalkU users
- Voice calls are transmitted on TalkU’s high-quality dedicated VoIP network
CoverMe is a second phone number app for private text messages & secure phone calls using end-to-end encryption.
The app has private messaging with disappearing messages, encrypted messages, anonymous sms, etc.
- Send anonymous texts now from a second phone number
- End-to-end encrypt all secret sms & messages
- Disguise CoverMe with a mask app to hide all secrets and privacy
- Private vault to hide photos, videos, passwords and any files
16. 2nd Phone Number
2nd Phone Number lets you choose international numbers from several countries, such as the U.S., UK, Canada, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, etc
The virtual SIM app offers real mobile phone numbers so that it can do the same things as a cell phone number from a phone company, e.g. signing up for social media sites.
- Receive calls and SMS from any person
- Set up voicemail and auto-reply messages
- Block unwanted calls & messages
- Set up call forwarding
SmartCall provides a second phone number on your existing phone, and you get a U.S. mobile and landline number or any international number.
- Send and receive SMS
- Tag calls with a swipe gesture
- Visual voicemail and call reminders
18. Freeje Optimum Virtual number
Freeje is a calling app for those looking for additional virtual numbers as a small call centre on their smartphone.
Users can choose from virtual landlines and virtual mobile numbers from more than 45 countries.
- Privacy: Keep your personal and business life separate with a dedicated business number as a 2nd line phone number
- SMS number for phone calls as well as for receiving SMS.
- Virtual Fax Number
19. WeTalk International Calls app
WeTalk is a second phone number to send and receive SMS/MMS/Picture messages. Choose any number from any USA/Canada region.
- Enjoy calls to more than 200 different countries.
- Use WiFi, 3G, 4G or LTE internet connections to make calls
- Phone call recorder
Onoff allows you to have a separate professional mobile phone line by separating your professional and personal life.
You can choose numbers from more than 30 countries available.
- Unlimited calls and SMS
- Integrated visual voicemail
- Voice messages
21. Fongo World Edition
Fongo allows you to choose a Canadian phone number with unlimited calling across Canada’s 10 provinces and any Fongo number worldwide.
- Unlimited global incoming calls and incoming SMS text messages
- Unlimited Fongo-to-Fongo texting
- Conference Calling and Call Transfer
- Voicemail and Call Waiting